Want a quick, healthy weeknight meal? This is it. Shrimp is a staple in my house because it tastes great, is super fast to prepare, and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. Pair this protein with a salad or pasta, and you’re done!
I like to buy the shrimp from the butcher counter because they will often clean and peel them for you. Or you can invest in a shrimp cleaner and do it yourself.
For this recipe, I cook the shrimp in Olive Oil but you can use butter or a combination of both if you prefer. I like to pair this meal with buttery garlic bread so Olive Oil was the better option in this case. However, you could also just make more of the sauce with butter and serve with some unbuttered crusty bread for dipping.
Sautéed Shrimp with Garlic and PaprikaCourse: Cook It, DinnerDifficulty: Easy
Shrimp makes for a super quick and easy weeknight meal. We pair it here with a simple Ceasar Salad and Buttery Garlic Bread.
- Sautéed Shrimp
1 lb. medium-size Shrimp, cleaned and deveined
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp Paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste
Parsley for garnish
- Garlic Bread
4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
Garlic Salt to taste
Paprika to taste
Dried Parsley to taste
- Heat Olive Oil in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the shrimp in a bowl with the Paprika, Salt, and Pepper.
- Cut the French Bread lengthwise and then in thirds so you end up with 6 pieces. Place the pieces cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Layer the Butter, Garlic Salt, and Paprika onto the bread and pop into the oven.
- Add the shrimp to the hot oil and toss often. Shrimp will be done quickly, time depends on size. You will know when they are done when the tails curl up. Remove from heat as soon as they are done.
- Remove bread from oven.
- Serve Shrimp and Garlic Bread with your side of choice. Tastes great with a Ceasar Salad or Green Beans.